Walk through the Coates Library on any given day and you will often find students with both a physical print book open on their desk and an electronic book open on their screen. So, it comes as no surprise that the use of Ebooks for both recreational and academic reading is quickly becoming more prevalent on-campus in large part due to convenience and availability.

After recommendations from faculty, and a trial with positive feedback, this past summer the Library picked up a subscription to Safari Books Online (SBO). I was thrilled to have access to this type of content, at any time, from anywhere, at my fingertips – not to mention I would now be able to showcase these additional resources to my students in Library instruction sessions!

Trending Safari Titles

The SBO collection has over 50,000 Ebooks and videos that cover topics in computer science, business and management, personal and career development, web development, painting, travel, cooking, and much more. All users need is their trinity.edu email address to access the material directly.

Hobbies and Travel Section of Safari

One of my first uses of SBO, was helping a student to develop and write a business plan. The student and I were able to locate several Ebooks and even video guides for how to accomplish this. SBO is easy to use and search through. Markup features are available, such as highlighting and notetaking that you can save and review for later. Personally, I have enjoyed the many books available on Leadership, and if you are like me and often just want to browse, you can look through the Topics section.

Highlighting Example in Safari

With SBO, you can search through and learn at your own pace or you can decide to integrate one of its resources into your course; certainly the goal with SBO is to offer quick access to valuable information. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should give it a go!

This collection of over 50,000 Ebooks and videos covers topics in computer science, business and management, personal and career development, web development, painting, travel, cooking, and much more. Users need their trinity.edu email address to access material directly.  For more information and SBO Ebook recommendations, visit the Ebooks: LibGuide. Enjoy!